- The Department of Amateur Football (Grassroots) of PZPN (The Polish Football Association) needed a new website for a football tournament for children. The current website was built many years ago and is no longer convenient for editors and visitors.
- The new website must fit the current IT architecture of PZPN systems. The architecture is based on a data bus and the separation of the backend and frontend parts.
- At PZPN, the combination of Angular technology on the frontend and Drupal as a headless CMS is more and more frequently used for websites.
- Droptica, as a company specialising in Drupal, was chosen to work on the backend part.
- The main challenge for the headless CMS was to create a system that would be convenient for editors to use, as well as to design the architecture of the CMS so that in the future it could support many websites and deliver content to them.
After the analysis, we planned the programming works. We translated the data structure into tasks to be performed in Drupal CMS.
The deadline for completing the works is very important for the client, so we divided the team of three people in order to have three spare weeks before the planned date of launching version 1.0.
We divided the whole thing into four sprints of two weeks each.
The CMS is technically based on the Drupal system. Based on the requirements of editors, as well as on the basis of the layout models of the new page, we proposed the data types in the CMS.
We based the structure on the Paragraphs module and on dedicated entities. The reason for creating their own entities was to maximise the ease of content creation for editors.
We implemented version 1.0 of the project in accordance with the schedule. Editors can now conveniently add content to the new version of the website. Their work is now much easier to perform. The system is ready for further expansion. The work is being analysed for the next stages of extending the website of the "From the Backyard to the Stadium" Tournament website and for connecting other frontend applications.
Flexibility and speed of content management are the most important factors for the tournament team so that the work within a dynamic project goes smoothly. CMS is intuitive and offers great freedom of work. In addition, the works were carried out promptly and in a very constructive environment.
The Director of the Department of Amateur Football (Grassroots) of PZPN