The brokerage house of Bank Ochrony Środowiska (Bank of Environmental Protection) is one of the brokerage houses present on the market the longest. Its internet portal, bossa.pl is well known to every active participant of the capital market in Poland.
The team from the BOS brokerage house contacted us when they were starting to work on the new version of their main portal bossa.pl.
The main areas, which the Bossa team was looking for help with, were:
- Deciding on architecture so as not to start with errors, which would be difficult to fix later on.
- Choosing solutions which would allow the to maintain high quality of code over the long term, including the maintenance phase after launching the portal.
- Introduction of such a workflow that would guarantee predictable delivery of functionality.
- Implementing technically challenging and complex elements of the website.
We joined the Bossa team right at the beginning of the development phase. We took part in setting up the first sprints. We worked hand in hand throughout the project, until the release of the first version and continue working together, extending the portal with new functionalities planned for further phases of the project.
- Integrating the new portal's search engine with the legacy one, which was still searching through the legacy part of the website
- Creating automated acceptance test mechanisms and visual regression test mechanisms.
- Creating and theming the website elements (blocks, banners, pricing tables, etc.)
- Reviewing code of team members
- Integration with Redis
- Creating custom Drupal modules, extending Drupal functionality
- Creating a landing-page builder, which allows for replacing the whole header and footer with a custom one.
- And many more...
The cooperation of Droptica and Bossa teams resulted in Bossa.pl releasing on schedule. Since then the portal is still being developed and extended by Droptica and Bossa joint team. We are already working on new websites based on the multisite functionality